Consider the important difference between storage and clutter. Storage is neat, tidy, clean and accessible. Items being stored should be classified as being valuable, useful or treasured.
If you don’t love something, or need it, then it has to be re-defined as clutter. Clutter includes the things which you are not using; the unwanted gifts you feel obliged to display, useful objects which have not got a specific home and are in the wrong place. All your storage places, such as overflowing wardrobes and overstuffed attics, are having an effect on you. Every time you open a door and see the chaos on the shelves behind it, you are being affected. The more you have, the more it begins to drag you down so that it feels as if you are actually carrying around the weight of everything you own.
Storage that’s attractive and inventive is the key to clutter-free living. Choose solutions that complement your belongings and the way you use them. With thoughtful organization, it can also bring efficiency and style to everyday life. Using a variety of furniture, repurposed pieces, boxes, and baskets, you can easily design a system that’s as attractive as it is helpful.
- Before you decide what to put things in, you must decide what to save.
- Embrace spring cleaning, storage is first a editing process, so make sure that the things you have are actually being put to use or are personally meaningful to you.
- Just make sure that you only surround yourself with the things you really love and try to exercise some restraint from time to time by adopting the principle that less is more.
- Finding the right place for everything becomes much easier when you have less to keep track of.
- Consider how things will fit, where you’ll want to find them, and how to fashion storage that caters to the items and your decor.
- Make storage your ally in helping you find things when you need them.
- Find opportunities throughout the room to integrate storage at every level: up high on shelves, in cabinets or armoires, down low along the floor, under the coffee table, or nested in side tables.
- Keep your own habits in mind when you choose storage solutions and combine beauty with reality.
- Smaller spaces demand resourceful storage solutions. A solid wall of shelving does more than function as smart storage; it becomes a graphic backdrop to the entire room.
Storage boxes & baskets – organization with style
Storage boxes and baskets are a great way to give all sorts of things a home of their own, so they don’t take over yours. Imagine what you could do with some of our stylish paper and media storage boxes. For example, you could bring order to your bills and receipts or find your favorite DVD in less time than it takes to pop the popcorn to eat while watching it. Here you’ll find a great mix of all styles of storage boxes and baskets to use all over your home. From see-through plastic storage boxes for your winter clothes to handwoven baskets to keep your tealights handy, we’ve got them all.
Storage boxes & baskets to get more from your storage
Storage boxes and baskets help you make the most of your storage furniture. A few boxes where you can keep similar things together will soon bring order to any shelf or drawer in your home. Check out our open-top clothes boxes that make hunting for the right pair in your sock drawer a thing of the past. Or straighten up your bookcase with a nice, colorful box to hold that pile of old photos you’re planning to sort out someday. A lot of our baskets and storage boxes are sized to fit perfectly into our different storage furniture series so no space goes to waste. Check the product information for details of which goes with which.